It is important that you find a comfortable place for you to live which is close to either one of our campuses at either Kent Institute in Sydney or Elite English Institute in Paramatta and to your place of work if you have a part-time job.
Accomodation can be quite expensive in the Sydney area. The good news is the further west you go to Parramatta and beyond, the cost of accommodation decreases. This will be an important consideration for you when calculating your budget for your stay in Australia.
Most students want to live within walking distance of the campus but this is not always possible and is usually determined by availability and cost. Often it is more convenient and more cost-effective to live further from the campus but closer to shops and public transport.
We have provided some helpful links for accommodation options:
- Austay – Sharing Living Arrangements in fully furnished property
- UniLodge – individual and shared student accommodation
- Urbanest – Accommodation specifically designed and built for students
- Flatmate Finder – An online network to independently find share accommodation in a unit or house
- Australian Homestay Network – A cultural exchange between a local family and a visiting International Student who comes to live as a guest in their home while they are studying
Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Services- For information about the standard of housing you can expect in Australia and your rights and responsibilities as a tenant refer to tenants.org.au